As The Heel Turns – episode 19
It’s back to a two-man crew for the first ATHT of 2016, with Pop and Big Al talking pretty much non-stop about the latest happenings in the WWE!
Episode 19 breakdown
Somewhat of a sprawling episode this week, so instead of the usual segment-by-segment breakdown, here’s an overview of what was talked about:
- our thoughts on the Royal Rumble and the result of our Rumble Pool (spoiler: Pop won)
- why Triple H becoming world champion again was a reasonable booking decision
- our excitement over A.J. Styles finally getting a run with the WWE…especially his Tom Cruise circa-“Mission: Impossible II” hair
- when “looseness” in a match can be a good thing
- the state of the aging and/or injury-riddled main event scene
- speculation for Wrestlemania 32, including what to do with The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and the main event
- the Rock’s appearance on RAW last Monday, in particular his masterful crowd management and controversial “shaming” segment with Lana
- are Kevin Owens’ many gifts too subtle for him to be appreciated by the mainstream?
- Smash Wrestling’s packed upcoming schedule sees them touring all around Ontario
- most importantly, our thoughts and prayers go out to wrestling legend Bret Hart and his battle with prostate cancer
Follow us at:
Facebook: As the Heel Turns
A special thanks again to Sebastian Suave for taking the time to join us in the booth.
Check out the next Infinity taping at Harmony Hall in Oshawa on Dec. 27 and then the first ever “Smash Wrestling vs. CZW” event at the Franklin Horner Community Centre in Etobicoke on Jan. 16.