As The Heel Turns – episode 28
The ATHT crew kicks off 2017 by getting back in the booth for a special Royal Rumble predictions episode! It’s been a while and one of us has pretty much stopped wrestling entirely, so how the heck are we going to catch up and record a show? You’ll have to listen to see how it all turned out.
Episode 28 breakdown
What’s New Pussycat? The WWE landscape has changed quite a bit since our last episode. What’s jumped out at us and what are we looking forward to in 2017?
- How much wrestling is too much wrestling? And is there any talent that will go unsigned by the WWE over the next couple of years? Will they kill independent wrestling?
- Pop schools the youngsters with his recap of the famed Kenny Omega-Kazuchika Okada match from Wrestle Kingdom 11 in Tokyo.
- Connor expresses his love for the WWE’s recent UK tournament, particularly breakout stars Tyler Bate and Pete Dunn. Also shout out to “The Muscle Cat” Saxon Huxley!
- Big Al goes on a completely unprovoked rant about the greatness that is Alexa Bliss.
- We grab some random Royal Rumble odds and give our two cents on all of the possible (and completely impossible) winners: Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Braun Strowman, Randy Orton, The Miz, Kurt Angle, Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura, Pentagon Jr., Seth Rogen, Dana White?!?
- We offer our other predictions for Saturday’s big event and who we think will win this year’s edition of the Royal Rumble!
Follow us at:
Facebook: As the Heel Turns
Big Al: @AlexanderKLee
Get your tickets for all the upcoming Smash Wrestling events at www.smash-wrestling.com.