The 2022 School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design Dean’s Awards were handed out during a virtual ceremony on Thurs., May 5, 2022.
The following awards were presented to students in each of our programs:
Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence
This award is given out to the student in his or her graduating class who has achieved the highest GPA.
Dean’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Award
This award is given to a student or small team of students in any semester who:
- is an independent thinker;
- takes the initiative in identifying and creating an opportunity;
- accepts the associated risks;
- in doing so establishes value for themselves and others.
Peter Dickinson Award
Peter Dickinson was the lead architect for what is today The Story Arts Centre, home of the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design. The building was originally built as the Toronto Teachers’ College in the early 1950’s and received a Massey Medal for Architecture.
This award is given to a student who:
- challenges convention;
- is not afraid to challenge thinking, including the thinking in his or her classes;
- thinks out of the box;
- and is an “outlier” who is highly creative.